Decking is the ideal solution for uneven or sloping ground. Unlike paving or concreting, there is no
need to move earth to create a level surface. Our decking is available in synthetic hardwood or softwood
boards. All subframes are engineered for longevity and are resistant to attacks by white ants.
Types of Decking Materials
We know that when it comes to types of decks, each homeowner has a different preference. When you work with Think Home Improvements in Adelaide, you can select from many different types of materials.
- Hardwood - Hardwoods like Merbau, Northern Box and Spotted Gum are extremely durable, even when exposed to extreme temperatures and weather changes.
- Merbau - Is very stable and durable. Its colour turns chocolate brown over time, like jarrah or ironbark. It has one of the highest fire resistance-BAL of all timbers available in Australia
- Northern Box - An imported decking board which is often likened to brush box. This decking board is also known as pelawan & is a very durable and hard timber
- Spotted Gum - Is selectively forested Australian hardwood from NSW and QLD. It is very hard wearing. Boards are bronze, & can range from a light to dark colour. They have a distinctive wavy pattern in the grain of the timber
- Kapur - Is an imported hardwood, originating from Indonesia. It is usually a light reddish brown colour which is a little pale. Kapur is a great value decking board that performs well & has a great grain & colour
- Swan River Red - Australian hardwood Eucalypt. Logged from WA, NSW & QLD. They have a great range of deep to light red & brown shades & provide great contrast & variability in a deck
- Softwood - Softwoods, commonly pine, are the most economic decking material and can be stained to match a variety of other timbers.
- Synthetic composite - Synthetic composite decks are made from a mix of wood, plastic and cellulose fibre. They can substantially reduce the maintenance of your decking.
- Steel - Steel framing provides ultimate strength and support to your deck. Steel is also an environmentally friendly material, as it is easily recycled.
Unlike other renovation companies, we don’t focus on just one decking material—we offer them all. If you’re not sure which decking material to choose, ask one of our friendly Adelaide employees.
Benefits of Working with Us
Our pleasant employees are dedicated to providing you with the decking solution you prefer. Whether you want a deck made from hardwood, softwood or composite, we’ll provide you with an attractive decking solution.
But when you work with Think Home Improvements in Adelaide, you get so much more than just a beautiful new deck. You also get professional, licensed tradespeople to install your new deck. We handle every step of the deck-building process, from design to construction.
- We source the finest timber to maximise strength & choice
- Use H4 treated pine for ground touching substructure because it is the best for pest & moisture resistance
- Designed specifically for your house and needs
- hidden costs, fixed investment
- Installation by fully qualified licensed & ALW approved trades people to ensure the highest quality craftsmanship & construction
- All posts concreted into ground to improve strength & longevity
- Use 140mm x 45mm bearers as a minimum to provide increased structural integrity
- Joiners attached with metal brackets
Get Your New Deck Today
Just imagine enjoying the beautiful summer sun on your gorgeous new deck. Think Home Improvements can give you the deck you’ve always dreamed of quickly and affordably. We make sure your new deck is durable and easy to care for, so you can use it every day without worrying about damage.
Phone us on 1300 58 2000 to get started with your new deck.
Here's a couple of reasons why we think you'll love this product, and why it's a perfect match for improving your home.
Installed by fully qualified licensed trades people for the highest quality craftsmanship.
VIRTUALLY ANY SHAPE OR SIZE
Each area custom designed to suit each individual house and lifestyle.
FANTASTIC RANGE OF MATERIALS
Choose Hardwood, softwood and synthetic composite materials.
BUILT FOR A LONG LIFE
Underside built from long life treated pine to withstand wood rot and white ant attack.
Eco friendly low maintenance composite decking options.
View our product gallery
Call now to get a massive 50% off your installation*
*Terms and conditions apply.